Aquatic Group Exercise Instructors Needed
Starting Date: As soon as available
Location: Watertown, NY
Branch: Downtown YMCA
Salary Range: Minimum salary is $10.75 per hour but actual salary is based on experience and certifications.
Benefits: Individual membership
Employment Type: Part-Time
Description: The Watertown Family YMCA is seeking experienced Group Exercise Instructors for the pools.
Types of classes: Aqua Zumba (certification required), Aqua Tabata/HIIT, Water Aerobics, Stretch & Core, Aqua Yoga
Duties/ Key Responsibilities:
• Adhere to YMCA policies and procedures.
• Promote a positive environment that fosters fun, safety, and our YMCA values.
• Maintain good public relations with members and always represent the best interests of the YMCA, while providing motivational support and guidance
• Arrive with ample time to report to the position at the scheduled time.
• Be responsible and fulfill your commitments to scheduled shifts. Notify an Aquatics Director personally and in a timely manner if you are unable to meet your commitment. This includes illness and extenuating circumstances.
• Actively teach your classes in the water or on the deck, give clear directions and provide adequate demonstrations. Have prepared workouts planned accordingly.
• Organize and put away needed class equipment. Report damaged equipment.
• Convey information on aquatics programs and schedules and as appropriate refers members and participants to other programs.
• Attend all trainings and meetings as directed.
• Follow all YMCA policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Complete incident and accident reports as necessary.
• Ensure emergency procedures are followed and notify supervisor of any incidents and accidents immediately.
• Prior experience teaching group exercise classes.
• Minimum age of 17.
• Must be an active and enthusiastic person.
• Ability to confidently lead the class.
• Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper techniques.
• Interested in broadening and sharing skills and knowledge.
• Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
• Certifications preferred: YMCA Fitness Leaders certification, or equivalent certification, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid certification.
**All applicants MUST provide copies of current certifications with applications. Please upload/attach your certifications along with your resume.**