Children 12 years old and under must be accompanied by parent or guardian at all times unless they are participating in a supervised program.
As a member of the Y, we invite you to meet with a Y fitness professional to assess your current fitness level, discuss your goals, answer your questions, and develop an appropriate exercise program for you. They will show you the various types of equipment and programs we offer to help you attain your fitness goals. Before you use the free weights or the Nautilus machines, we recommend that you participate in a demonstration with our fitness staff. An appointment may be made in our Ready to Be Fit by emailing email@example.com or at the Welcome Centers.
If you would like to use a locker while you are at the Y, feel free to use those located in the locker rooms specified for day use only. We recommend that you bring a lock with you, and ask you to remove it when you are finished working out. If you are interested in renting a locker on a yearly basis, please see the Welcome Center staff for our fees.
As you enter and exit the Y, please scan in and out with your membership card. This allows us to track usage of the facility and make changes in staffing levels when appropriate. It also safeguards your membership by establishing that all are current members. If you lose your scan card, let the Welcome Center know and they can assign you a new one.
We welcome you to wear your most comfortable workout clothes. We do ask that you wear shirts and shoes in all areas of the Y, with the exception of locker rooms and the pool.
If you forgot your towel— we've got you covered. Towels are available for 50 cents. Please return them to the towel bin located by the front desk on your way out.
An active Membership is required to use the basketball court. Check in at the Y Welcome Center Desk to receive your bracelet.
Children 12 years old and under must have a parent or guardian with them unless they are participating in a supervised program. 13-17 Years old may be in the gym without a parent or guardian.
No outdoor shoes or black-soled sneakers are allowed. Please check the basketball court schedule for open times.
We have a range of group fitness classes and you are welcome to join any of them. Check the group exercise schedule for the time, place, and class description that best suits your needs. Our group fitness instructors are available to advise you on different fitness classes. It is best to show up a few minutes early so you can introduce yourself to the instructor. Please remember, our friendly Y staff is always anxious to meet new members and lend a helping hand.
Yes! The Y has a great Childwatch center. It allows parents or guardians to work out in the building and leave their children in a safe, fun-filled environment. Please check the schedule for the times and ages of child care. The maximum stay is 1 1/2 hours.
Monday and Wednesday 8:45am - 11:45am
Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday- 8:15am-11:45am
Monday, Tuesday- 4:15pm-7:15pm
If you have questions, please contact:
We would love for you to bring a friend to the Y. You will receive 3 guest passes per calendar year and we will track these guest passes in out computer system. Your guest must come in with you and needs to provide a government ID. We are always happy to welcome prospective members. If your friend joins the Y, you'll receive an additional paper guest pass. The more friends you refer, the more guest passes you can earn. If you have used your guest passes, you may still bring a guest to the Y for a small fee.
Youth ages 9-12 may use the fitness center once they have received training from Y staff and when they are closely supervised by a responsible adult. Youth ages 13-15 may use the fitness center after being trained by a Y staff member. For safety reasons, children are not allowed in the fitness center when under the age of 9.
Yes, the American Kang Duk Won Association, under the direction of Master Robert Lawlor, is the longest running program at the Y. Karate classes are available to Y members for an additional fee. Please contact Master Robert Lawlor at (315) 788-8402 for more information.
Yes! You can download our app from the App Store on your Apple or Android device. Stay connected with our upcoming programs, schedules, and get notifications sent right to your phone for any closing, cancellations, or class changes.
Download using a direct link (recommended):
- Click [here] from your mobile device
- Download & open the app
- Set notifications and location preferences
- Uninstall the old app
Search the store and download:
- Search "Daxko" in the App Store or Google Play
- Download & open the app
- Search for Watertown Family YMCA
- Set notification and location preferences
1.The Electronic Fund Transfer Payment Plan is a continuous membership plan. I understand that this membership will remain in effect as long as I meet the terms of this membership agreement.
2. It is my complete understanding that if I wish to terminate or change my membership in any way, I must give the YMCA a 30-day written notice.
3. The YMCA Board of Management, at their discretion, may adjust the monthly rate applicable to my category of membership. I understand that I will receive at least 30 days written notice prior to any such change.
4. I realize that I am responsible for any payment plus a service charge applied by the YMCA if my membership debit is not honored by my bank or charge card. This is in addition to any service fee my bank may make.
5. If I think there is an error in my membership debit, I will notify the YMCA within 60 days of the transaction date. The transaction will be investigated and corrected if necessary.
6. Membership cards remain the property of the YMCA and must be surrendered upon demand of the YMCA.
7. I agree to abide by the member code of conduct and the rules and regulations of the YMCA, which are designed for the enjoyment of all members. The protection of members and guests who are utilizing the YMCA is of paramount concern to the YMCA. Therefore, we reserve the right to deny access or membership to any person whose behavior is judged to be in conflict with the welfare and safety of other members and/or staff. The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screening on all members, participants, and guest. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access. Any offense relating to the sale or transportation of illegal, habit forming or dangerous drugs; is presently clearly under the influence of intoxicating beverages or behavior modifying drugs will result in membership termination.
8.I hereby authorize the Watertown Family YMCA to debit my account as indicated and I have read and received a copy of this membership agreement.