Free Childcare for Military Families with Medical Appointments
For military parents, it can often be difficult to focus on their own health and well-being when their attention is divided between their care provider appointments and their children. In addition parents, prefer to leave healthy children outside of the clinical areas to reduce exposure to sick patients, lessens the chance of them getting sick, and allow parents to focus on the information provided by the doctor.
The Watertown Family YMCA Children’s Waiting Room (CWR) provides a safe, nurturing environment for children while their parents attend medical appointments making it easier for them to ensure their family is healthy and happy during a loved one’s military service.
The Children's waiting room is FREE to service members and their dependents.
• Children’s Waiting Room is FREE to service members and their dependents.
• CWR provides up to two hours of supervision for children during medical appointments.
• Reservations are required and should be made as far in advance as possible
• Plan your medical appointment schedule based on hours of availability listed below.
• Due to current Covid-19 guidelines, masks are required for children 2 years of age and up.
Children’s Waiting Room is made possible with support from the Armed Services YMCA. This service is provided in an effort to say thank you for the sacrifices you make every day.
LOCATIONS AND HOURS:
Monday - Friday: 8:45 - 11:45 am
Monday - Thursday: 4:15 - 6:15 pm
585 Rand Drive, Watertown
Monday & Wednesday: 8:45 - 11:45 am
119 Washington Street, Watertown